soniablog

Monday, August 21, 2006

Impressions of week 4

Week 4 was great because I won the prize for the best Picasa edit/enhancement! Also Ann Odgers came and showed us what can be done with a PDA. What fantastic technology for teaching practical skills! Obviously it could also be used in other areas, although I'd hate to think that REAL teachers might be obsolete one day. The futuristic world of virtual reality is nigh!

Philip gave those who needed it more time to practise with Picasa. The best part for me was a reminder of how to create cwick clozes and how to protect forms so that they cannot be mucked up by students when filled in on the computer.

I'm not sure if there is much point in my taking any digital photos at the moment. I do have access to a camera, but I haven't got any students as I'm in the Home Tutor department.

2 Comments:

  • yes sonia you are a role model for us all.

    Ron Oliver said once that if you think you could be replaced by a computer then perhaps you should be.

    Lots of uses other than students for digital photos - get your tutors to snap the students at home

    By Blogger Philip N, at 23 August, 2006  

  • Yes, mmmm, OK for those tutors who have a digital camera + the internet. Then I guess we can store the pics in our htames groupwise.

    By Blogger sonia, at 23 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home